Last month, the team from Element Built attended the NAHB 2023 International Builders Show in Las Vegas and was fortunate enough to see several build-to-rent (BTR) experts speak about this growing segment of the industry. The educational session shared important elements to be considered in all BTR communities beyond just a well-designed and built home. Those five features include:
- Make it easy to move in and out of each home.
- Anything that needs to be serviced should be on the ground floor.
- Smart tech is a key service aid.
- Material selections should be highly functional.
- Standardize window and door sizes.
In a recent article published in Builder Magazine, BTR industry leaders Jay Byce and Sudha Reddy shared some additional key elements important to today’s renters that builders should consider when planning build-to-rent communities. From adequate storage to community amenities to consider, they provide a unique take on the modern single-family renter.