You might say outdoor living is having a moment. Spurred on by our time at home during the pandemic, outdoor living is still at the top of homebuyers wish lists. According to a recent blog by the National Association of Home Builders, the connection to the outdoors, nature and outdoor entertaining ranks high on the top ten list of design drivers in “The Future of Home Design” survey conducted by the New Home Trends Institute. And what the survey revealed is our team at Premier Homes is right on track at our communities in Rancho Cordova and Granite Bay when it comes to what buyers are looking for in outdoor living options. Some of the top requested items included:
- Expansive windows and floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors which add perceived square footage to the homes.
- More built-in features such as fireplaces, outdoor entertainment, outdoor kitchens, pools, and spas.
- Covered outdoor rooms with ceiling fans that mirror the comfort of inside the home, creating an indoor/outdoor hybrid.
- Other outdoor living features growing in popularity include roof decks and front porches to create more community connection.
- Outdoor work spaces were actually named the 2022 Outdoor Trend of the Year by Cabot, allow for spaces for work, crafts, homework and more without taking up valuable space indoors.
Check out this blog from Better Homes and Gardens for more on trend ideas to maximize your ideas for outdoor living.